BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Sophomore Year


Well, let's see where do I start. This year has been crazy!!! That pretty much sums it all up with that one word. I had my ups and downs. Sophomore year was definitely a challenge. However, it made me grow up and actually start to think. I snapped backed into reality and realized this is where my life begins. This is where it all happens and starts to unfold.

Yes, the work was harder and stronger. I had a lot of long, sleepless nights due to homework and studying. But I guess in the end, it payed off. Sometimes I wanted to just give up and just not care anymore because I was stressed and stressed for weeks and weeks at a time. I was almost close to not trying anymore but I realized something, I wouldn't just be giving up sophomore year, I would be giving up the rest of my life. I was to that point where I just hated my teachers for doing this to me. For giving me work I sometimes didn't understand, or for handing out tests that sometimes I didn't pass. Then I woke up one morning and realized they're trying to help me, not hurt me. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't of made it to my almost junior year. The beginning of the year I slacked off, but when it came to the end I was scared there wouldn't be time to catch up. That's not what I want to do in life. It wasn't just the work that was hard at times, it was the stuff that happened out of the classrooms that was hard also. Drama, drama, drama. No matter what school your at in any state or country, there will always be craziness. Although it was all overwhelming at times, I never back down from a fight. As I learned in my classes as well. I don't regret the tenth grade, I would change a thing because as we all know these are memories, good and bad, we will cherish them forever. I'll tell you one thing though, my brain is totally dead. Just as it is every end of every year. I loved this year like I've said but I cannot wait until summer!!!!!

There have been fights and fits, old teachers getting fired and new teachers joining our future, F's and D's, fire drills and food fights, games with loses and wins, friendships going bad and breakups very sad, fears and tears, smiles and laughs, heartbreaks and headaches, and even referrals too. However, believe it or not this all has changed our lives. Forever. In some ways, better than others. There has been changes in my life throughout this year. Some I was not certainly ready for, but came to me fast and hard like a baseball roaming through the air. I tried as hard as I could to catch what was thrown at me. A lot of pressure came with sophomore year but I wont let myself down.

Someone once told me, "Sophomore year is the most important year for you in high school." Now, when this teacher told me that I thought to myself "Yeah right, what do you know, you haven't been a sophomore for a long time." :) Well turns out you were right Mr. Leh, it was important. Those words stuck in my head for the rest of the year. No pressure or anything right? :) Well I feel as if I could of done better. Good thing I still have two years to make up for it! Some would agree that finals are the worse part of school. It is true but what is also true is that it's what sums up the whole year and really gives us a good look at what this year did for us. I learned so much this year. Every year I learn a little more and this year was more than a little more.

Though this year was very powerful, I wouldn't change a thing, because I like a challenge and I haven't given up so far and I never will. I have never tried so hard to succeed in my whole life. Not just in school but out of school too. High School is just going by way to fast, and to be a honest I'm a little scared of it ending. All my life, people have always expected less of me, to be honest I like it when they do because then I can give them more. And every year I pass it's like a slap in the face for them. I know more than I did before I got here and that feels good to say. It's true what they say, High School is the best time of your life. I wont ever forget it. Any of it. None of us would have made this far without each other. Without every ones help. So those teachers that drove me nuts all year, I realized they have touched my life in a positive way. They have grown on me, they're not just my teachers anymore, their my friends too. I thought my life wouldn't begin until after school was over, but I guess today I realized that its just begun. I can't wait to continue this journey at this school. I think that I have laughed my way through school. If that makes any sense at all. To say the least, Sophomore Year has been a roller coaster ride through it all, and those make me nauseous.. So tomorrow when we walk out of this building, some of us anyways, it wont be the end, because it's just starting.

0 comments: