BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 19, 2010

A Time When I Was Betrayed!!


Well it is kind of hard to pick only one time that I was betrayed because well lets just say I'm a teenager if you catch my drift, there is not enough words in the world to talk about each and everyone. However, I am going to speak of a betrayal that really hit me and my family hard. The reason for that is because it was in the family, one of our own, our own flesh and blood.

So here is how it goes, we all have always been a close family. Closer to some more than others. My parents used to be really close to my cousins parents which I guess you could say were my cousins too, but it is because my older cousin was raised like my moms sister and they are not that far apart in age. They had 5 kids, I was closest to my cousin Nicole because we were the same age and we always shared the same birthday. After that I am closest to her sister Suzzanna who is only a year older than us. My parents used to always party with their parents. They would play cards with them, throw parties with them, and what I remember most is the Bonn fires we used to have in the backyard. I was really close to them, they were like my second parents. I was always spending the night at their house when my parents would be with them. Those were the good days. I was younger so I don't remember much of it.

Then, one day out of no where it was after school, I was in about 3rd grade and my mom picked me and my cousin up from school, which was odd because she never picked us up she was always at work. When we got in the car everyone was quiet which is not normal in my family. I asked why she picked us up and she didn't answer me. At the moment I knew something was wrong but I thought she was just going to say she got fired. I wasn't expecting the answer she gave me. She told me that Carlos died. My cousins dad. But the worst part of it was that he didn't just die. He was killed. I fell to pieces. Me and my cousin Aaliyah started crying. Our family was put through an investigation because they were accusing his wife, my cousin for doing it. I admit she had problems, she used to be on drugs and was in and out jail but she would NEVER do that.

It was a horrible situation. She ended up going back to jail but for different reasons. My cousins had to go to foster care because, well I don't know the reason but they had no where to go. My 2 little cousins Alisha and baby Carlos went in Sante Fe to live with their auntie. Ashley, the oldest was on her own and left. And Nicole and Suzzanna came to stay with us for a while but that ended up changing because my parents adopted them. First, Nicole then Suzzanna. I was always the baby out of my siblings so I was excited to have sisters my age. It was fine for a while and then years, years later things changed. It started with Suzzanna she became the trouble maker first. Me and Nicole were in 6Th grade and she was in 8Th. She started acting out and just left one day to go with her older sister. My parents at the time were okay with it because they knew she was safe and they couldn't handle her anymore.

Then, Nicole started up. She started treating me and my parents like crap. She was always jealous of me and the way my parents spoiled me. She wanted to leave too but she was younger so she couldn't and she hated that. Which lead her to start hating us. It was 8Th grade. At that point she would really do anything to leave. And she did. In the process of making all of our lives hell. She told our teacher at school that my dad, being her uncle tried to molest her. Which was bull because the world knows my dad would never in a billion years do that to anyone. And everyone was on his side but they had to go through the whole process like in court and stuff. I remember confronting her once abut it and I was screaming in her face and she was crying and I was crying and I remember just punching her as hard as I could in the face. She fell and my parents both had me by the arms and was telling me to stop. So I did and all she said was "I'm telling you the truth Janessa" and I said "besides why would anyone want to even do those things to you" We cried and I told her "your not my cousin anymore" and we walked away.

The charges were later dropped because there was no proof and she admitted it was all a lie. It was hard to put our family back together because she caused to much damage in our lives. My dad worked with APS so that interfered with his job of course. But he has a better job now, one where he travels a lot but better. Nicole was my best cousin. We did everything together. We grew up together. She was my best friend and for her to do that to us and to cause my whole family so much pain really made us wonder how we could possibly share the same blood with her.

Though we forgave her eventually, things wont ever be the same. She came to this school with me last year but moved at the beginning of this year. We still talk to her once in a while. You know to keep the peace but we wont ever forget what she did to us. How she betrayed us, one of her own after my parents took her in when know one else wanted her. She jumped around from house to house in this family and now is with her older sister where she has been for a while. It wasn't that long ago this happened but I still know every detail of this soap opera, so to speak, all by memory. We have good memories together. Good times we wont be able to forget. All of us. But doing what she did to us, to my dad and to her self, well like people say I will forgive, as we already have. However, we will never forget.

0 comments: