BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Courage and Bravery




"Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.” (Franklin P. Jones quotes)

A time in my life when I had to have courage and be brave was when my grandma was in the hospital a few years ago. It was such a hard time for my family and we all kind of had to stay strong and pretend that everything was OK. I was a little younger than I am now when it happened but I still remember every single moment of it.

It was completely out of no where. We used to live near my grandma and my Two cousins were staying with her because we had no school for that day, and it was so weird how things worked out because is was the only day my mom had off in a long time. We were getting ready and my cousin Aaliyah called my mom saying my grandma went to go throw the trash and she fell on the rocks. Me and my mom ran over there and saw her laying on the ground and she was really hurt, she couldn't get up. My other cousin Angelo was in the house watching TV and he didn't know what was going on and when we called 911 we all rushed to the hospital. I was so scared but I had to be brave when we got there because my whole family was there and me and Aaliyah who are the same age had to take of the kids, you know keep them busy, pretend like everything was going to be OK. They were all little but they still understood that something was wrong. When they asked us why everyone was crying I just didn't know what to tell them. I mean I didn't want to scare them but since they left me and my cousin in charge, it was our responsibility to make sure they were kept in the blue.

Of course my grandma was fine but it still scared all of us. To make things worse my cousin who had just got out of jail, and was on drugs came to the hospital and was making this whole situation worse. she was starting stuff with everyone, the cops were called, and more tears in every ones eyes. I had to put a straight face and show all the kids that this was just a speed bump in the road and everything was OK. However, to do that I had to make myself believe the same. It was not easy to see my entire family freaking out and then to turn around and pretend everything is fine. I did need courage and I did need to be brave. If not for me then for my family.

0 comments: