BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 30, 2010

For One Day..




Hmmm... If I could be anyone in the world for one day I would probably be my older sister Shannon. The reason for this is because she is my hero. And when she reads this, she will probably hold it against me forever and tease me about it because its corny and cheesy and then she will actually know that yes it is true I do love her. Even though sometimes I want to punch her face in.

You know me and her always fight but were sisters so it's only normal. She is the only sister I have so I make the best of it even if sometimes I wish I didn't have her as a sister. I have always looked up to her even if she doesn't know it. In a lot of my years in school I have always had an assignment to write about my hero, or about someone I admire, and every single time I have always written about her and I always asked myself why? I mean I love her yes but what makes her so special that I write about her every single time. I realized the thing that makes her special is that she is my sister, the best sister. That's what makes her special.


So to get on with it I guess I will tell you why I chose my sister to be for a day. Her life isn't perfect or different it's just HER life. She used to live with us but a couple of months ago she moved out and I actually miss her. You know it's funny because I was literally counting the days till her, my nephews, and her boyfriend would be gone. However, now that they are I wish they never left. Even though she only lives like 3 minutes away. My sister has it easy. Perfect job, amazing kids, beautiful house, and a great man that treats her right. Her life may not be in the slightest way easy but she makes the best of it.


There may not be a big specific reason why I would be her but there are a million little ones. She is a strong women and she gave me 2 amazing nephews. Ever since I was little I always wondered how it would be to live her life and I guess if I had the chance to try it out, I would. Me and my sister may not share the same father, we may only be half sisters but she is my sister and she has more than half of my heart. My sister has always been my parents favorite. They say that they love us both the same but I know they don't mean it. She is the oldest out of us two so that's why they always and I mean always take her side. The thing is my family is always comparing me to my sister. They know that she succeeded and she made a great life for herself and because of that they think I will be the daughter to mess up my future and be a failure. I guess I'm proving them right.. I would just want to be the older sister for a day.


I do look up to her, I want to be just like her one day. But I just want to be my own person. Not Shannon but Janessa. Even if she is my inspiration. And I guess I just wish my parents knew that. I will prove them wrong and I will one day stop being compared to my sister and watch her be compared to me. I would want to see how she lives her life, how hard she works, how she takes care of the kids, how she does it all. It would be good practice for the future. She has drama like the rest of us and she has had her ups and downs but she stays strong through it all. It would definitely be an adventure walking in her shoes for one day. She is a wonderful mother, A great Fiance, obviously a "perfect" daughter, a friendly co-worker, a good friend, etc. And even better than that, the best sister a 16 year old girl could ask for. I wouldn't want to be anyone else but my hero. My best friend. My sister.

0 comments: